Monday, March 12, 2007

Be Good, Supernanny

So I'm sitting here minding my own business, and I hear my wife watching Supernanny in the other room. No big deal, she can watch whatever she wants. The thing is, every time the show goes to commercial, they play a snippet of the theme song, which is "Be Good, Johnny" by Men At Work. I've known that song since I was a child (it's a musical deconstruction of the classic song "Johnny Be Good"), and God knows I know what the words are, but every time I hear it, I still think it sounds like they're saying "Bigot, bigot! Bigot, bigot!".

All this is just to say that it makes me chuckle inside to think of the Supernanny being called a bigot. Maybe it's just that she's racist against bad parenting? (Where "racist" means simply that she hates bad parents, not that bad parenting has anything to do with race. Just to clarify.)

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Hee! I'm beating Rimmi to it: C'mon, bigot!