Monday, April 9, 2007

Foodblogging: Monday, 4/9/07

I know I haven't posted anything new in awhile, but things have been crazy busy lately, what with getting things ready for Honkey Magoo (aka PM Junior). We had the baby shower this weekend, which took a lot out of us (what with setup, cleanup, and toting all the gifts home). It was another one of those times where a regular work day was more restful than the weekend!

But enough of that. I'm here to post a foodblog entry. Today's food question is: "what do you do with leftover meatball hors d'ourves when the party's over?" And the answer is: "make spaghetti and meatballs with them."



Yeah, it's not terribly original, but it was delicious. :o) I whipped up a quickie sauce with a can of tomato sauce, a (chopped up) can of stewed tomatoes, some Italian sausage, and some Italian-type seasonings (basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, etc.), to which I added the meatballs. Once that had come together and the meatballs were heated through, I put that on low and put a pot on the boil to make the noodles. Once those were done, I drained 'em and mixed them into the sauce. The finished product is what you see in the picture above.

It was good stuff, if I do say so myself. Nothing innovative (my cooking rarely is), but it tasted good and there was enough left over for us to take in our lunches tomorrow. The meatballs I didn't use today went in the freezer. Sometime in the future I may post other uses for leftover meatballs (hint: meatball subs may be involved).

2 comments:

Lita said...

That's some pretty red sauce. How many victims gave their blood so you could achieve that hue?

PM said...

Moe: "Do you know how much of my blood and sweat went into this food?

Patrons: *spit out their food*

Moe: I meant that figuratively!